[VIDEO] Witness Who Recorded Walter Scott Shooting Speaks Out

Witness Who Recorded Walter Scott Shooting Speaks Out
Dominican Hero Who Recorded Police Killing Walter Scott Interviewed [VIDEO]
The anonymous eyewitness who filmed the fatal shooting of Walter Scott in South Carolina last weekend has been identified as Feidin Santana. Santana who filmed the video of the murder of Walter Scott spoke to NBC News today in this interview with Lester Holt.
Feidin Santana is being branded a hero, an immigrant for the Dominican Republic who recorded video that shows a white police officer shooting an unarmed black man Walter Scott in the back in South Carolina.
Feidin Santana said he started recording after he heard a Taser being deployed.
“Before I started recording, they were down on the floor. I remember the police had control of the situation,” Santana said. “He had control of Scott. And Scott was trying just to get away from the Taser. But like I said, he never used the Taser against the cop.”
“As you can see in the video, the police officer just shot him in the back,” Santana said. “I knew right away, I had something on my hands.”
Santana turned the video over to Scott’s family. “They were very emotional when that happened, including me also,” he said.
“I thought about his position, their situation If I were to have a family member that would happen, I would like to know the truth,” Santana said.
He has been called a “hero” by attorneys for the family, but Santana said there are no winners in the situation.
“It’s not something that no one can feel happy about. He has his family, Mr. Scott also has his family,” Santana said. “But I think, you know, he made a bad decision, and you pay for your decisions in this life.”
READ ABOUT: Little Rock's Newest Corrupt Police Chief Kenton Buckner

Comments